Monday 7 October 2013

LORE & The Dark Room: Rachel Seiffert


Not to be missed!

This Saturday author RACHEL SEIFFERT introduces West Side Cinema's screening of LORE, the film based on her Booker-nominated novel, THE DARK ROOM. And she will be there at the end too for a Q&A.

Earlier in the day, Rachel will be leading a writing workshop in Stromness Library on Character & Story. The workshop is currently fully subscribed, but we may start a reserve list if more folk express an interest. E-mail: alisonmiller67@btinternet.com

Bringing Rachel to Orkney along with the film has been a collaboration between Orkney Library & Archive Reader in Residence, West Side Cinema and The George Mackay Brown Fellowship.

See details of the screening at the top of the poster.

And click on the links below for more information about the film, the novel and its author.












2 comments:

  1. Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I've treuly enjoyed
    surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I
    hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've just stumbled on your comment myself. I'm really pleased you have enjoyed the posts. The post of Reader in Residence lasted only a year. I enjoyed writing blog posts for it and have left it up as an archive. But I won't be posting anymore here, unless I change the name! Thank you again. Best Wishes, Alison

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your stories about reading; share your experiences of Orkney Libraries; let me know your favourite books and tell me why you like them.